ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

What would you do?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What would you do? Empty What would you do? Wed May 09, 2018 6:42 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Dear members,

My Non-O is basically at the end, I'm on my last 90 days of my Non-O ME, It expires on July, 17th.

My work permit expires on June 11th, which is in four weeks.

The news is that the school signed up, but we won't start before the 21st, or 28th this month. My work permit is only valid until June 11th, which will be very tight.

I might have to use the agency's documents to convert it into a Non-B at the local Immigration, my provisional TL is still good for a year.

If things go wrong, I can still leave Thailand and apply for a new Non-O. What do you guys think?

I need two more months of employment at this school to be able to apply for the golden card. Would I start at a new school, I'd have to start over and wait a full year.

What would you do if you were in my shoes? Thanks a lot for any eventual answers. wai

2 What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Sat May 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Rastus

Rastus

Obviously you should try to stay at the same school this year. Good luck. See if you can start the process before the start of term.

3 What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Sat May 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Rastus wrote:Obviously you should try to stay at the same school this year. Good luck. See if you can start the process before the start of term.

The 'last-minute solution." School has signed and the circus starts on Monday. Thanks a lot for the heads up and a wonderful first term for all of you guys!!! I might be in Bangkok in middle of July and apply in person.

I'll have to get my extension of stay changed into a Non-B, which isn't a problem at out local Immigration, I already have the documents from last year where I preferred to be independent.

Luckily, got my provisional issued last year in July, good for another year. wai

4 What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 am

TropicalFish

"I'll have to get my extension of stay changed into a Non-B, which isn't a problem at out local Immigration, I already have the documents from last year where I preferred to be independent. "

OK, you seem a little confused with what you can and can't do and also terminology.

First, you will not change a Non-O to a Non-B in country, you can not change Non Immigrant visas in country.

Secondly, you say "I'll have to get my extension of stay changed into a Non-B" but also say "I'm on my last 90 days of my Non-O ME". If you are on a multi-entry Non-O, you do not have an extension of stay.

What you could do is in the last 30 or so days of your current permission to stay, apply for an extension of stay based on employment.

5 What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Mon May 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

TropicalFish wrote:"I'll have to get my extension of stay changed into a Non-B, which isn't a problem at out local Immigration, I already have the documents from last year where I preferred to be independent. "

OK, you seem a little confused with what you can and can't do and also terminology.

First, you will not change a Non-O to a Non-B in country, you can not change Non Immigrant visas in country.

Secondly, you say "I'll have to get my extension of stay changed into a Non-B" but also say "I'm on my last 90 days of my Non-O ME". If you are on a multi-entry Non-O, you do not have an extension of stay.

What you could do is in the last 30 or so days of your current permission to stay, apply for an extension of stay based on employment.

Sorry, I always mix up an extension of stay with visas and vice versa, forgive me. Permission of stay ends in July, but my work permit needs to be extended before 11th of June, which was my point. 

But as already mentioned, it seems to work very smoothly here, Immigration officers are more than helpful. Completely different to the Immigration in Ubon R. They don't make a problem if one document is missing and sometimes close both eyes. 

I've already told our coordinator to sort out my documents and hope that all will be fine. Thanks for your input.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum