ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thailand’s Ministry of Education to Hire More Filipino English Teachers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rastus

Rastus

News from the Chiang Rai Times last week.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailands-ministry-of-education-to-hire-more-filipino-english-teachers.html

Filipino teachers who will be hired under the program will receive 25,000 baht per month or P45,000, inclusive of housing allowance.

Filipino teachers will soon have a better opportunity to work in Thailand teaching English with the advance of bilateral talks between the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Thai Ministry of Employment.

Philippines Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said on Friday an agreement governing the deployment of English teachers may be signed in the coming weeks to meet Thailand’s requirement under its “English for All” Project in the area of Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC).

“Filipino teachers are the preferred nationals needed by the government of Thailand because of the excellent English proficiency and competence of our teachers,” Bello said in statement.

Under the proposed agreement, Filipino teachers will be hired by the Thailand’s Ministry of Education to teach students in primary and secondary levels in the government schools.
Bello said that Filipino teachers who will be hired under the program will receive 25,000 baht per month or P45,000, inclusive of housing allowance.

Other benefits include personal accident insurance, round trip airfare, and work permit fees which will be shouldered by the Thailand government.

Buoyant

Buoyant
Silver member
Silver member

Frankly, they deserve each other.

Sirchai

Sirchai

Buoyant wrote:Frankly, they deserve each other.

You're so damn right. In my 14 years of teaching in LOS, I've only met a few from the islands who could speak, read and write English correctly.

Not wanting to sound like a racist, but I'd like to tell you my experience with some of them, and that wasn't a good one.

Most of them speak terrible English, and when you're asking an easy question, it's often not, or misunderstood. Let's take Miss XX as an example. She'd started a year after me at a local Anuban and had been there since then, now even working in the EP>

I hadn't seen her for ages and met her near a steak restaurant. I said: " Hi, XXX how is it going?

Her answer was shocking, but I'm aware that they usually speak Tagalog and she said: " I do eat steak."

Another excellent example of how good they are was an ex-colleague in Ubon at a primary school. I walked out of the director's office after I prepared him for a short speech because we had visitors.

The macho Filipino approached me and said: "Where you go?" I've told him that I had to see the director. Then he replied: " What she say?" I wanted to have a coffee and wasn't really in for such a small talk, just told him that our director would be male, but he didn't know the word or perhaps didn't understand me.

The guy then- still staring at me- was waiting for more, but I decided to go to my house on campus, excused myself and said, sorry, I've got to go.

When I did the superficial Diploma, many Filipinos, but also African teachers posted their assignments accidentally in the open forum, instead of sending it to their professor.

I've read some assignments and was shocked. All of these "leaked" assignments were copied and pasted stuff from the internet, but in a way that it didn't make any sense at all. Sentences from various websites copied and pasted together in a way that you could even see different fonts.
But there's no fail rate, even when plagiarism isn't allowed. I had a real hard time, and that particular institution shouldn't be allowed to do business in Thailand. It's the absolute chaos company where nobody knows anything.

What's bothering me most is that these people are now "licensed teachers" of the English language. I'm aware that some of them graduated in Tagalog, English wasn't that important, and that's why they can't speak it properly.

These people do not need a TOEIC anymore when holding the license and I've seen certificates with less than 400 points, let's talk about a CEFR level of A2 now?

There's a big primary school in the center of the city with at least 15 Filipino teachers, most of them do all not to have a conversation with somebody who speaks English well.

I had been the foreign headteacher and only white-faced guy at a school in a neighboring province, and I had to find out that all five of them had taken and photoshopped the Thai culture course I had made in 2008.

I wanted to inform the labor department, but thought, well some of them had kids, okay let it go. And when I was asking them why I didn't see them at the 2-day seminar in a city near Khon Kaen, they started to lie straight into my face and told me that they made this course I Bangkok and Filipinos held the session.

Unfortunately, was that not true, the course was conducted by two female Thai professors from the Private Thai Teacher's Association. They did all to make my life miserable, but the director knew what was going on.

A befriended lawyer then informed me that one of them wanted him to "legalize a fake letter stating that his degree was a real one," but he denied.

I know that they seem to have a hard time to have a conversation in English and hate their impoliteness always speaking in Tagalog. I swear to god that I didn't make anything up in my post and I could add a lot of more very gruesome facts about these people.

Finally, a good question. Why do all these people hold a degree in education, but not a teacher's license from their country? Those who do seem to be the better speaking ones.

It's not true that all Filipinos speak excellent English, it's just made up by some of them who call us lazy, alcoholics and idiots.

If they decide to hire thousands more, it raises a big question for me if I want to be part of that anymore.

I'm not a racist, I've only written down what I've experienced with Filipino teachers, and I do not like to work with people who kiss all Thai teacher'sasses, Ajarn up and Ajarn down.

Always acting busy doing something, but only when somebody's around them. If people with a TOEIC score of 400, or less can be teachers, then there's gotta be something very wrong.

Even some airlines want to see a better TOEIC result than 400 for a stewardess who isn't teaching English.wai

Sirchai

Sirchai

Rastus wrote:News from the Chiang Rai Times last week.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailands-ministry-of-education-to-hire-more-filipino-english-teachers.html

Filipino teachers who will be hired under the program will receive 25,000 baht per month or P45,000, inclusive of housing allowance.

Filipino teachers will soon have a better opportunity to work in Thailand teaching English with the advance of bilateral talks between the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Thai Ministry of Employment.

Philippines Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said on Friday an agreement governing the deployment of English teachers may be signed in the coming weeks to meet Thailand’s requirement under its “English for All” Project in the area of Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC).

“Filipino teachers are the preferred nationals needed by the government of Thailand because of the excellent English proficiency and competence of our teachers,” Bello said in statement.

Under the proposed agreement, Filipino teachers will be hired by the Thailand’s Ministry of Education to teach students in primary and secondary levels in the government schools.
Bello said that Filipino teachers who will be hired under the program will receive 25,000 baht per month or P45,000, inclusive of housing allowance.

Other benefits include personal accident insurance, round trip airfare, and work permit fees which will be shouldered by the Thailand government.

That's really bad news. How's the bible bs going? "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up the ones who will be sent to Isaan. Amen and Hallelujah!Thailand’s Ministry of Education to Hire More Filipino English Teachers Helelu11
Thailand’s Ministry of Education to Hire More Filipino English Teachers Helelu11
Thailand’s Ministry of Education to Hire More Filipino English Teachers Helelu11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum