ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Extending Non-O Multiple E question(s)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Extending Non-O Multiple E question(s) Empty Extending Non-O Multiple E question(s) Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Dear members,

I'm on a Non-O, based on marriage, the visa was issued on 3rd of May this year by the Thai Consulate in Sawannakhet/Laos. ( Across the bridge from Mukdahan).

I thought that it's usually 90 days until you've got to leave the country, but just had a look in my passport and was a little bit shocked.

The stamp on the Arrival card says 01.July 2017, the stamp in the passport shows the 31st of July as the date when I have to exit Thailand.

Now I know that it's possible to extend such a visa/extension at the local Immigration for 60 days and could finally have up to 17 months on my visa.

Would it make sense to go to the Immigration and apply for such a 60-day visa now, or should I leave the country before, or on the 31st of Jul;y, which ius the last day of the 90 days.

Thanks a lot in advance and a great day.

P.S. Can anybody confirm if the 28th is a holiday.or not? It started with yes, then not sure, maybe, perhaps, no, yes, we don't know.....

Cheers- thumbs up 2

Sirchai

Sirchai

A short update after visiting the local Immigration:

I had enough time to drive by our local Immigration and won't apply for a two months visa/extension of stay to visit my wife, which would be 1,900 baht, after a chat with the IO.

I'll drive to Cambodia and leave Thailand before the 31st of July and get another 90 days. When I'm leaving on the last day my visa is good, I'll receive another 90 days when I leave the country.

Depending on the circumstances ( work, family, etc), I could apply for a 60-day visa once my Non=O expires. then back to Sawannakhet which seems to be the only place where they don't want to see financial proof.

The stamp says 31st of July, not 1st.  thank you 2

Regarding STAMP. Did anybody hear from him? Is he on this forum?

The problem is solved, thank you for your attention. thank you

" I'll drive to Cambodia and leave Thailand before the 31st of July and get another 90 days. When I'm leaving on the last day my visa is good, I'll receive another 90 days when I leave the country.

Depending on the circumstances ( work, family, etc), I could apply for a 60-day visa once my Non=O expires. then back to Sawannakhet which seems to be the only place where they don't want to see financial proof."

You will get another 90 day permission to stay when you ENTER the country, not when you leave.

The 60 days you talk about is an extension of stay to visit your wife, not a visa. Also, if you apply for that on your last entry, your visa will have expired a few months previously - but not your permission to stay.

It is very important to use the correct terms, otherwise it could be misleading or worse for other users.

4Extending Non-O Multiple E question(s) Empty Re: Extending Non-O Multiple E question(s) Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:14 am

Sirchai

Sirchai

Thank you very much.

gungchang

gungchang

1stevec wrote:

It is very important to use the correct terms, otherwise it could be misleading or worse for other users.

Amen.

I've grown very annoyed, confused, and frustrated by people who are leaving the Kingdom to "convert" as opposed to "apply for" a visa.

Thank God I'm perfect and never make mistakes.

Sirchai

Sirchai

gungchang wrote:
1stevec wrote:

Amen.

I've grown very annoyed, confused, and frustrated by people who are leaving the Kingdom to "convert" as opposed to "apply for" a visa.

Thank God I'm perfect and never make mistakes.

beers lol!

"Amen.

Thank God I'm perfect and never make mistakes."

A fine and funny sentiment until someone gets a big fine or worse because of incorrect info or incorrect terminology.

If you find that funny, then that is sad.

gungchang

gungchang

I just submitted my paper salad for extending an O ME for a year courtesy of marriage.

I've you've got 800K, that route might be the way to go.

I'm no longer in Bangkok, and traffic is light in my new office. It's still an all morning + adventure.

I recall bringing:

bank letter and bank statement
updated KR2 from the local amphoe (no trip to where we registered our marriage necessary)
marriage cert.
wife's housing book (nobody seemed interested in mine)
wife's ID
passport
hand drawn map to residence
photo of happy couple and house - roof visible, number visible, in living room, bedroom, kitchen wasn't required of us

the office provided:

promise of a home visit
stack of papers for my wife to fill out

Retiring in Hat Yai with a 1/2 hour border bounce to Malaysia now sounds like a good idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum