ThailandTeaching.info - Discussion Board & Information Site

This forum is for foreign teachers living and working in Thailand: Up-to-date and relevant posts on teacher licencing requirements, visa and work permit regulations, teaching resources, education news, schools, jobs, stories and many more...

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics

» New school term 2021
by Rastus Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

» Trying to keep this site alive with useful information about teaching, work permits, visas, etc....
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

» Things That I Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:52 pm

» Things I Don't Like
by Rastus Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:50 pm

» I GOT IT!!!
by Hey_ewe Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's going to pay my taxes?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:47 pm

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

I most probably am wrong but wasn't there a directive from the revenue dpt. for tax to be paid monthly rather than at the end of the contract. My advice would be for you (oops your friend) to check directly with the revenue dpt. Forewarned is forearmed.

2Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 am

Sirchai

Sirchai

bahn_farang wrote:I most probably am wrong but wasn't there a directive from the revenue dpt. for tax to be paid monthly rather than at the end of the contract. My advice would be for you (oops your friend) to check directly with the revenue dpt. Forewarned is forearmed.

Thanks, mate. The situation for me..aeeh my friend is quite difficult.

One of his colleagues was really upset that the second contract was in Thai and had to be signed in a nano second without anybody having the chance to have a closer look at it.

Then a real "discussion", I'd never say that they gossip, took place when my friend only told them that they can go to the labour department and ask the friendly lady to have a look and finally copy the damn thing.

But friends must be friends and aswholes will always be aswholes, and only an hour later did my friend's phone ring. The ringtone was already frightening, so he said.

The HRM on the other end asking him why he'd advise others to go to the LD to look into the documents?

My friend then told him that it wasn't an advice, it was just a statement, not more.

The follo0wing e-mail was funny and sad at the same time. The HRM told my friend to hold his head down because snipers( yes, plural !!) could eventually harm him.

But I'll tell my friend to go for it and give a damn about snipers who're trying to shoot on innocent victims of such a brutal and brainless regime.

But having the English version, fully signed, will be good at every court once it's translated into Thai.Twisted Evil

WWIII has already begun.

P.S. You're so right, when I worked for an agency nine years ago, they did pay the tax and sent a monthly update how much and when they paid it.

Why do I smell rats? Can't you smell the smell?/ The smell is around you.....Yep, it's much better to have a forewarned and forearmed foreskin. You never know until you know.

Last edited by Sirchai on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:38 pm

" But having the English version, fully signed, will be good at every court once it's translated into Thai.Twisted Evil "

OK, couple of things, if you read Thai labour laws, there is no requirement for a written contract - it is advised, but not compulsory.

A contract in English is worthless if there is an original Thai version.

4Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:50 am

bahn_farang

bahn_farang
Admin
Admin

An English employment contract is a requirement for extension of temporary stay of non b at the immigration office, so not strictly true that it is not needed.

5Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:21 pm

gungchang

gungchang

For what it's worth, my prior employer gave me a tax refund check every now then.
I guess they must have been looking after me.

6Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:06 am

Sirchai

Sirchai

" The company will pay for taxes." Reminds me of an ex gf saying : "I love you too much." rock on 1

7Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:49 pm

Sirchai wrote:
  " The company will pay for taxes." Reminds me of an ex gf saying : "I love you too much." rock on 1

Where did your quote come from? Not this thread.

Please don't make quotes up, it is poor form.

8Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:19 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Guest wrote:
Sirchai wrote:

Where did your quote come from? Not this thread.

Please don't make quotes up, it is poor form.

I don't know what your problem is and would like to let you know that your comments are not wanted.

Please see it as it is. No more to add.

You're really annoying and I guess you know that.

9Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty bon voyage Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:19 am

gungchang

gungchang

Sirchai, look at the post. SA80 has become Guest, i.e., he's already gone. You're talking to a ghost.

10Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:52 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

gungchang wrote:Sirchai, look at the post.  SA80 has become Guest, i.e., he's already gone.  You're talking to a ghost.

I love ghosts. One of them just gave me the next lottery numbers and I'll soon be rich. Or not. Or both. wai

11Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:49 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Not long and I'll have to see the revenue department. The guys who've worked at my school before could only tell me that the agency isn't paying for the taxes, even when it's written down in the contracts.

I'll ask a Thai friend to translate the contract into Thai, because I know that none of the employees at the revenue department of our wonderful city can read English. From there, I hope that they'll have an idea on how to get the money.

I hate dishonest agencies, but if I'd like my TL, I might have to continue.

12Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:48 am

Sirchai

Sirchai

My friend who's working for an agency needed my help once more and I went to the revenue department with him. But honestly speaking, we both know less than before.

The agency my friend was/perhaps still is working stipulates in their contract that tax is paid by them.
He phoned the HRM, but the answer was even more irritating. He could change the way it is, deduct tax from each employee, but when it comes to filing tax, the agency will receive any refunds.

My fri4end, not wanting to mess it up for the others then decided not to intervene and they agreed to keep it as it is. Rome wasn't built in one day, that's what he told me.?

Then he took his wife and visited the revenue department to find out what to do, prepared to pay out of his own pocket.

But they then sent them to another office where an employee said that they'd received "something" from the agency in Bangkok." All she knew was that the agency had sent a document in his name to the revenue department in Bangkok, but there's no information on if any tax was paid.

My friend and his wife then went home and knew less than they knew before.

They might give it another try because he doesn't have a bill stating that tax was paid for 2017.

P.S. Will my friend really need a tax slip to renew/extend his workpermit? Any input would be great. Thanks a lot in advance.

Gotta love agencies.  handshake

13Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:55 pm

tullkra

Oh thats nasty. I had it last year when tge lovely accounting department decided that I had only started working in Thailand and did my tax all wrong. Ended up with a 25,000thb bill that I had to pay....its not fun to loose all your savings in one go for nothing. This time I upped my amount of tax and got 12,000thb back which is now all gone..... why is it that money just evaporates.....

14Who's going to pay my taxes? Empty Re: Who's going to pay my taxes? Wed May 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Sirchai

Sirchai

Still no news regarding my ( unpaid?) tax. I'll have to go there again and try to get my clearance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum